SBS CyberSecurity Announces Key Personnel Changes
Departure, Promotions, and a Growing Executive Team
SBS CyberSecurity (SBS), a premier cybersecurity consulting and audit firm serving clients nationally and internationally, is announcing several personnel changes.
SBS has expanded its Board of Directors and elected new officers. The board voted unanimously to elect and promote the following members:
- Aaron Gamewell, President, CEO, and Managing Partner of SBS was elected to serve as Chairman of the Board.
- NDBA Services, Inc. was elected to serve on the board in an Outside Director position. Ann Reich, SVP of Strategic Partnerships at the North Dakota Bankers Association will represent NDBA Services, Inc.
- Chad Knutson, SBS Institute President and SBS Chief Information Security Officer, was elected to serve on the board as Chief Strategy Officer, the position formerly held by Dr. Streff.
- Jon Waldman, Executive Vice President Information Security Consulting at SBS, was elected to serve as Board Secretary.
George Schaefer joins SBS’ executive team as Chief Operating Officer (COO). George brings 14 years of experience in mortgage banking, compliance, sales, as well as operational and production management to the SBS team. He most recently served as President of the Secondary Mortgage Group at Bank of the Ozarks in Little Rock, Arkansas. While there he was successful in growing revenue, managing a large staff, and integrating multiple divisions during bank mergers and acquisition. Prior to his work in the banking industry, George spent time in both the healthcare and large retail industries where he had a focus on training and management. George also served in the United States Army as a Combat Medic. His valued expertise will help to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency for the company.
Along with the addition of George, the executive team has been expanded to include the following promotions:
- Blake Coe, Senior Vice President Network Security
- Buzz Hillestad, Senior Vice President Information Security Consultant
- Jeff Spann, Senior Vice President Information Security Consultant
- Cody Delzer, Vice President Information Security Consultant
- Eric DeKam, Vice President Accounting, Controller
- Amy Williams, Associate Vice President Human Resources
- Julia Miller, Associate Vice President Marketing
- Alexis Gamewell, Account Executive and Internal Compliance Review
As of July 31, 2018, Dr. Kevin Streff is not employed at SBS and no longer serves as a board member. Streff remains an owner in the company.
For the past six years, SBS has been recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in America. “The past three years have shown the phenomenal potential at SBS. Our growth trajectory is only limited by the number of talented people that we can bring onto our team. We have built a tremendous culture and we are very selective in the hiring process to make sure that we don’t disrupt the cohesive culture that we have worked so hard to create,” said Aaron Gamewell, President, CEO and Managing Partner. Gamewell goes on to say, “Passion, compassion, desire, innovation, integrity, and empowerment exemplify each and every person in our company. To support our culture, none of those values can be overlooked or compromised with new hires or existing team members.”
About SBS CyberSecurity:
SBS CyberSecurity, LLC (SBS) is a premier cybersecurity consulting and audit firm. Since 2004, SBS has been dedicated to assisting organizations with the implementation of valuable risk management programs and to mitigating cybersecurity risks. The company has provided cyber security solutions to thousands of organizations across the United States and abroad, including financial institutions ranging in asset size from $12 million to over $130 billion. SBS delivers unique, turnkey solutions tailored to each client’s needs, including network security, consulting, auditing, and education. SBS CyberSecurity empowers customers to make more informed security decisions and trust the safety of their data. SBS CyberSecurity has offices in Madison, SD, Little Rock, AR, Nashville, TN and Dallas, TX. Learn more at www.sbscyber.com.