Qualifying Borrowers Using Personal Tax Returns Part 2: Schedules D, E & F
Date(s) - 03/17/2020
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Learn the rest of the story with this tax return sequel. It will illuminate how to interpret Schedules D, E, and F for self-employed borrowers. This program will equip you to decipher personal tax returns and identify reliable, recurring cash flow.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Recognize recurring income and learn what to ignore
- Determine which capital gains, installment sales, and other sales items are recurring, and which are one-time flukes to disregard (Schedule D)
- Find the real cash flow from rental and royalty properties (Schedule E, Page 1)
- Distinguish useless “pass through” incomes from partnerships or S corps from real cash flow (Schedule E, Page 2)
- Uncover hidden income in farm tax returns (Schedule F)
What’s your decision-making process for qualifying a self-employed borrower for a loan? Do you understand how to convert tax income (which is practically useless) into cash flow? The key is learning how to obtain a reliable monthly or annual cash flow from a personal tax return. Incorrectly estimating cash flow from a tax return can result in bad loan decisions – or missed opportunities. Once you’ve properly converted taxable income into cash flow, that information can be used in your credit scoring model, debt-to-income ratio, or disposable income calculation.
Designed for consumer and commercial lenders, this two-part series will teach you an easy, reliable method to convert a borrower’s personal tax return (Form 1040) into annual and monthly cash flow statements using the free software included with this course. Part 2 will cover Schedule D (Capital Gains, Installment Sales, and other sales), Schedule E, Page 2 (Rental and Royalty income), Schedule E, Page 2 (Partnership and S Corporation income), and Schedule F (Farm income). (Note: This method does not follow Fannie, Freddie, or QM rules used in mortgage lending.)
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for lending personnel, including chief lending officers, service representatives, new accounts personnel, loan officers, loan underwriters, loan sales staff, credit analysts, loan processors, branch managers, CEOs, and other key lending staff.
- $230 – Live Webinar
- $230 – Recorded Webinar + Free Digital Download
- $350 – BOTH Live Webinar and Recorded Webinar + Free Digital Download