Mortgage Lending Hot Spots Series: Critical Timing Requirements in the Mortgage Lending Lifecycle
Date(s) - 11/12/2019
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Compiling a compliant loan file can be confusing, partially because timing is a critical component of the mortgage loan lifecycle. Have you second guessed whether the document’s delivery date was based on business days or calendar days? Does Saturday count? What about Sunday? In some cases, documents can only be provided so far in advance of a triggering event, while different disclosures must be provided within a specific timeframe after an event.
Join us to learn the trigger points that start the clock ticking for mortgage loan compliance and how long the window is to fulfill compliance obligations. Learn the numerous timing requirements that go beyond those required by TRID. Understanding a sequentially dated loan file will better prepare you to create mortgage loan files for the next examiner or compliance review. This webinar will dig into the loan compliance timing constraints related to the delivery, receipt, and retention of mortgage loan documents. Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- When to use business days versus calendar days in determining loan compliance
- Triggering events that determine when notices are required
- Tips on how to document date compliance within the mortgage loan file
- Analyze which time periods are required by regulation versus a best practice
- Importance of a sequentially dated mortgage loan file
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Chart to aid in timely delivery of compliance notices
- Case study showing the importance of sequentially dated actions
- Sample flow chart for documenting disclosure delivery within acceptable compliance timeframes
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit mortgage lenders and processors and staff responsible for auditing and reviewing loan files, including compliance officers and internal auditors.
- $230 – Live Webinar
- $230 – Recorded Webinar + Free Digital Download
- $350 – BOTH Live Webinar + Recorded Webinar + Free Digital Download
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.