Bank of the Week: Peoples State Bank
Peoples State Bank of Summit, “Where real people still answer the phone.”
- Locations: Summit and Florence; both of which have always been locally owned
- They employ 13 people
- The bank was founded in New Effington in 1913. In its first year, the bank employed a woman cashier which was unheard of at the time!
- Unique Facts about Peoples State Bank:
- Their employee Janice Halverson has 60+ years of experience!
- Every year, each customer receives a Christmas gift from the bank.
- Unique Facts about Summit, SD:
- Summit is home to Fog Fest, the annual town celebration
- This year Fog Fest hosted the 79th annual Lutefisk Supper. This event requires 70+ volunteers. All Peoples State Bank employees lend their time and talents to the success of the event.