Bank of the Week: First National Bank of Frederick
- Located in Frederick, SD
- The bank was chartered in 1882. It is the second oldest bank in the state of South Dakota!
- They have five employees.
- They’ve been in their current location since 1906
- President Scott Campbell is the fifth generation to own and operate the bank. One day, he is hopeful his two sons will take over.
- For the First National Bank of Frederick, donations are a big part of their charter. However, being involved in the community is key! Their employees are members of the church board and town board. Scott is an EMT and is also responsible for the towns snow removal!
- First National Bank of Frederick is one of the few banks in the state that remained open in the 1930’s.